Legend Boats 6 Year WOWranty!
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Legend Boats Limited Lifetime warranties are extended to the original retail purchaser, when the boat is sold through an authorized Legend boat dealer or 18 months after the boat ships from factory, whichever comes first. Lifetime warranties are not transferable to any subsequent owner; however, the balance of the 10 year Limited Structural Hull Warranty and the remaining balance of the 6 Year WOWranty, may be transferred, on some models, by completing the transfer form, having it approved, and paying the transfer fee. See the section on Transferability for complete details.
Aluminum Riveted Hulls - Excluding Ultralites
Leakage resulting from defects in material or workmanship on riveted main hull seams is covered by a lifetime limited warranty to the original consumer or 18 months after the boat ships from factory, whichever comes first. This includes all side to bottom, transom to hull side, and transom to bottom double row riveted seams. Structural damage to the hull seam caused by striking an object, or improper trailer bunk or roller adjustment is not covered.
The warranty period for all other portions of aluminum riveted boat hulls is ten (10) years and covers labour and material costs on the following depreciation schedule.
Aluminum Welded Hulls - Excluding Camo, and Little Jonny Models
The Legend “Leakproof-For-Life” hull warranty covers material and labour costs to repair any problem causing water intrusion through the hull due to defects in material and workmanship for the life of the boat while owned by the original consumer. The “Leakproof-for-life” hull warranty is not transferable and is available to the original consumer only. Our welded hulls also carry a lifetime limited warranty on all welded seams to the original customer and a 10 year limited structural warranty. The length of warranty for items which haven’t caused a leak, but are covered by our structural warranty, such as interior welds on hulls, is prorated for ten (10) years from the date of purchase to the original consumer for defects in material and workmanship. This covers labour and material costs according the following depreciation schedule:
Structural damage to the hull caused by striking an object, is not covered.
The TUBES and TRANSOMS are covered under warranty for damage resulting from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the boat.
2015 Ultralite, Camo & Little Jonny Models
Legend Boats Limited Lifetime warranty, covering the hull’s outer aluminium skin, double-riveted seams and welded main seams, is extended to the original retail purchaser only, when the boat is sold through an authorized Legend boat dealer. All other structural hull components are covered for a period of five years. This warranty is not transferable to any subsequent owner.
Wood Decking (Pontoons & V-hulls)
There is a lifetime warranty for defects in plywood decking material. A defect is considered to exist:
- when the defect would make the product structurally unfit for its intended purpose,
- when damage is a result of fungal decay or rot, and
- when damages result from termites.
The manufacturer will arrange for the proper exchange of damaged plywood and will include labour, carpet/vinyl, and glue for a period of ten (10) years. After which only the material itself will be replaced at no charge, labour costs will be the responsibility of the consumer. In the event that the Original Owner sells the subject boat, the second owner will have the same coverage period of 10 years, based on the purchase date of the original owner. This warranty does not cover damages caused by swelling, shrinkage, and/or discolouration, nor does it warranty against inherent wood characteristics such as checking, leafing, splitting and broken grains. Damage as a result of improper installation or use of corrosive fasteners will also negate this coverage.
Warranty approval or denial is at Legend’s discretion. Any hull that is altered, misused, neglected, improperly trailered, involved in an accident, overpowered, used in a corrosive environment or for commercial purposes will not qualify for ANY warranty nor the “Leakproof-For-Life” nor Lifetime hull warranty. All warranty repairs must be performed by an authorized service center. Warranty repair authorization must be given in writing by a Legend Customer Service Representative before a repair is made.
*Not available on Ultralite, Camo, Little Jonny, Luxura, Platinum or Splash Models
The lifetime coverage of Limited Lifetime Structural Hull Warranty and the Lifetime coverage of Pontoon Tubes and Transom extends only to the first retail purchaser. The 10 year Limited Structural Hull Warranty and the Lifetime coverage of Pontoon Tubes and transom with PLX HIN prefixes may be transferred by the first retail purchaser, for any initial sale after June 1, 2009, once, to a second retail purchaser, but upon transfer, it will expire ten (10) years from the date of original purchase by the first retail purchaser, as reflected in Legend’s records.
To activate a transfer under this Limited Warranty, the second retail purchaser must send a written request to Legend Boats within thirty (30) days of the purchase of the boat, accompanied by payment of a transfer fee to Legend Boats in the amount of $500 plus applicable taxes. The boat needs to be inspected by an authorized Legend Dealer for damage and overall condition and a copy of their work order with clear inspection notes and pictures showing the overall condition of the boat must be taken. We require pictures of the port and starboard sides, port and starboard bottoms, bow, transom and interior to be forwarded with all other information requested. Boats must be free of damage for consideration of transfer. $125 of this transfer fee will be credited to the authorized Legend Dealer for compensation for the inspection upon their submittal of the completed inspection documentation and boat pictures to their Legend Warranty Representative. Legend reserves the right to reject any warranty transfer request, including those for a boat that has been damaged, neglected, or otherwise previously excluded from warranty. Boats that have been written off for insurance purposes, boats that have been repossessed, damaged product and recovered boats are not eligible for any warranty or warranty transferability.
Limited Paint and Surface WarrantyPaint and painted surfaces are not covered under any warranty.
Although the warranty expressly states that paint is not warrantable, a warranty claim can be accepted for review for defects in materials and workmanship above the waterline if presented within the first year of ownership. Clear photographs must be presented, by the Dealer, illustrating not only the failure being claimed, but also the overall condition of the boat being considered. All paint claims are based on material or workmanship failures and do not include paint issues that arise from scratches, damage, electrolysis, environmental conditions, contaminants, use of harsh cleaners, protectants or chemicals that are not compatible with the damaged surface or finish. Also note that scratches and damage to a painted surface compromise the integrity of the finish and can lead to issues adjacent to them like paint flaking, blistering and paint loss and will subsequently not be covered.
Although not solely designed only for use in fresh water, all aluminium hulled boats and structures, if routinely exposed to salt water or air, will typically experience oxidation at an increased rate beyond those that are solely used in fresh water. It is therefore expected that any Legend Boat sold, or to be used, in these environmental or marine conditions, more meticulous care will need to be taken to ensure that the hulls are rinsed clean with fresh water after each such exposure and/or protective anodes be installed on the hull. Electrolysis and galvanic corrosion, which is not covered under warranty as previously listed, will be amplified in these conditions and can lead to serious failures with the onus on the retail client to take all reasonable steps to protect their investment.
Likewise, paint failure considerations cannot include incidents where damage is, or can be, attributed to the lack of, or improper, maintenance, such as the use of a high pressure washer, or deterioration of cosmetic surfaces, finishes, cracking, crazing, discolouration, air voids, fading or oxidation of plated or painted metal castings, or scratches, due to time spent in dealer inventory and exposure to the elements.
Legend 6 Year WOWranty!
Legend 6 Year WOWranty! - Warranty that makes you say WOW! Sure we’ve always had the industry’s best warranties on the structural parts of our boats, like the welds, main riveted seams, pontoon tubes, decks and transoms, but what about everything else in your boat? Well, most companies offer a 1 year warranty on the other stuff, but some offer up to three years. Although this is very respectable, we figured we’d double that. Legend’s 6 Year WOWranty covers most other components for 6 long years. That gives you a lot of worry- free, quality, memory-makin’ time.
Here are the WOWranty details:
All parts or components other than hull parts and structural components which are manufactured or installed by Legend Boats are covered for parts and labour for a period of six years if found to be defective in factory material or workmanship. The 6 year period starts from the date of delivery of the boat to the original retail purchaser or 18 months after the boat ships from factory, whichever comes first. Legend Boats’ obligation under this limited warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of parts that are found to be defective in factory materials or workmanship. Such equipment or accessories may also carry their own individual warranty provided by their manufacturer, their distributor, or the component manufacturer. Such additional warranties by the Component Manufacturer are hereby assigned to the retail purchaser, to the extent permitted by the Component Manufacturer. Legend Boats will, at its option, repair or replace any part covered by this warranty that is found to be defective. This warranty shall become effective only upon Legend Boats’ receipt of the Warranty Registration which shall identify the boat by the hull identification number.
Although we try to make it easy, we still hope that you will treat your boat like the ‘Memory Making Machine’ that it is. The warranty applications and restrictions are based on normal recreational use under normal marine conditions. Mistreating your boat may limit your warranty. Here are a few things to which the 6 Year WOWranty! does not apply:
The LEGEND 6 Year WOWranty EXCLUDES the following: Hull and Structural Hull components, Pontoon tubes, Transoms, Any accessories or options installed by the selling dealer, any accessories or options installed by the purchaser, gauges and any electrical equipment. Mercury Outboards, Mercury Components, Shoreland’r trailers, Motorguide, Minn Kota, Cannon, Lowrance, Humminbird, Garmin or other Depth/Fish Finders and GPS products, as well as radio or stereo components, are separate and excluded from this warranty. These components are covered by their original manufacturer’s warranty so that equivalent equipment can be exchanged if necessary and expertise in diagnostic assistance given. Due to the rapid change in models and equipment variations Legend Boats cannot guarantee model or service part availability.
The LEGEND 6 Year WOWranty also EXCLUDES the following:
- Component parts not manufactured or installed by Legend Boats, including but not limited to: engines, drive trains, trolling motors, controls, props, depth finders, GPSs, stereos, speakers, batteries, trailers, light bulbs, trailer tires and wearable parts/consumables. Such equipment or accessories may carry their own individual warranties provided by the respective Component Manufacturer. The warranties provided by the Component Manufacturer on such component parts are hereby assigned to the retail purchaser, to the extent permitted by the Component Manufacturer, as the retail purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy with respect to such items.
- Window damage, alignment, breakage or water leakage, including water leakage through convertible tops or enclosures.
- Engine installation by others.
- Paint or painted surfaces. See Limited Paint and Surface warranty.
- Canvas zippers and stitching. Canvas products used during trailering. Canvas products used during winter months.
- Electrolysis, galvanic corrosion, or corrosion due to chemical or salt exposure, or lack of protective anodes. Damage or deterioration of cosmetic surface finishes including cracking, discolouration, air voids, fading or oxidation of gel coat, wood finishes (varnishes, stains, and paints,) plastics, trim tape, plated or painted metal chips or scratches.
- Tears and/or fading in vinyl, upholstery, carpet or canvas.
- Damage, stains, shrinkage, or deterioration of carpet, upholstery and exterior canvas tops, stitching, enclosures, and weather covers (including rainwater leakage) due to exposure to the elements.
- Damage or deterioration due to time spent in dealer inventory exposed to the elements.
- Any vinyl or carpet discoloration or damage due to environmental exposure or micro-organisms creating “pinking”, “greening”, “browning”, “yellowing”, “burning” etc.
- Damage resulting from use of cleaners, protectants, or chemicals not compatible with the damaged surfaces or finishes.
- Mildew, mold, or other environmental effects from microorganisms, moisture, dirt, or heat.
- Any boat which has been altered or modified from Legend Boats’ factory specifications.
- Any boat initially sold at retail by a party other than an authorized Legend factory dealer.
- Any boat which has been used for racing or any military purposes, or which has been overpowered according to Legend Boats’ factory or USCG or Transport Canada specifications for such boat or use of a jack plate not installed by Legend Boats.
- Any boat used for commercial purposes.
- Any unauthorized repair or installation.
- Attempted disassembly.
- Damages due to inadequate trailer support, transom support or improperly designed or assembled trailers.
- Final rigging, prop choices, motor position and final; adjustments.
- Any failure or defect caused by an accident; product abuse or misuse; failure of the owner to use, maintain, or store the boat as specified in Legend Boats’ owner’s manual(s); normal wear and tear, and any other failure to provide reasonable care and maintenance.
- Any transportation, haul out, or other expenses incurred in returning the boat to the selling dealer or to the Legend Boats factory for warranty service.
- Any representation or implication relating to speed, range, fuel consumption or estimated performance characteristics.
- Any failure or defect caused by an act of nature resulting in damage, cost, or expense.
- Any boat which has been salvaged or declared a total loss or a constructive total loss for any reason not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Other Limitations and Disclaimers
- All other warranties, expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are expressly excluded.
- Legend Boats further disclaims any liability for economic loss arising from claims of product failure, negligence, defective design, manufacturing defect, failure to warn and/or instruct, lack of seaworthiness, and any other theory of liability not expressly covered under the terms of this limited warranty.
- To the extent any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is implied by law and can not be disclaimed under applicable law despite the disclaimer herein, such warranties shall be limited to the duration of one year from the date of delivery of the boat to the first retail owner.
- Neither Legend Boats nor the selling dealer shall have any responsibility for any incidental or consequential damage; loss of use of the boat; loss of time, profits or income; inconvenience; commercial or economic loss; or any other consequential or incidental damages.
- In no event shall any repair or replacement under this limited warranty exceed the fair market value of the customer’s boat as of the date the customer provides notification of the defect.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long any implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not be applicable. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not be applicable. This limited warranty gives the owner specific legal rights, and the owner may also have other rights, which vary from province to province.
- The terms and conditions contained herein, as well as those of any documents prepared in conjunction with the sale of a Legend boat may not be modified, altered, or waived by any action, inaction or representations, whether oral or in writing, except upon the express, written authority of an executive management employee of Legend Boats.
- Legend Boats reserves the right to make changes in or additions to the boats built or sold by them at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes or additions to boats previously built or sold.
- Legend Boats and it’s dealers also reserve the right to provide post-warranty repairs, conduct recalls, or extend the warranty coverage period for certain boats or boat populations, at the sole discretion of Legend Boats. The fact that Legend Boats has provided such measures to a particular boat or boat population in no way obligates Legend to provide similar accommodations to other owners of similar boats
The Owner’s Obligations
To obtain warranty service, the consumer must return the boat, together with proof of original purchase to an authorized Legend dealer. If the selling dealer is unavailable, or unable to accomplish the repairs, additional service center choices can be obtained by using the legendboats.com website dealer locator to find other dealers in your area. All warranty work must be performed by an authorized Legend Boats dealer. Certain warranty repairs require special training though, so not all dealers are authorized to perform all warranty repairs. This means that depending on the warranty repair needed, the boat may need to be taken to another authorized dealer or returned to Legend Boats. Legend must receive written notice of any remaining warranty claims from the owner prior to the expiration of the owner’s limited warranty, and the owner must allow Legend an opportunity to resolve the matter. The Owner must notify Legend of any boat being repaired by an authorized Legend dealer which has been at the dealership for (30) days, or of any claimed defect which was not corrected after one repair attempt.
Any related transportation charges and/or travel time to and from an authorized service center, and any copayments assigned by component manufacturers. All haul-out launching, de-rig/re-rig, phone, rental, inconvenience, loss of time/income, motel accommodations, meals or other expenses incurred by the consumer are not covered by warranty.
Online Warranty Registration
Warranty Registration by your selling dealer, after the boat sale has been completed, will initiate an email that will be received by Legend and ensures that the customer is registered in our system and receives warranty benefits. This must be submitted within 30 days of the boat sale.
Warranty Procedure For Fish Finders, G.P.S. and Electronic Graphs
Both Lowrance and Humminbird have changed their warranty procedures and require that our dealers handle all warranty issues directly with them. As a result, fishfinders are no longer covered through the Legend Boats warranty process. We do ensure all units installed at factory are tested and found functional prior to shipping. However if a fish finder or GPS is found to have failed during dealer preparation prior to customer pick up, the Dealer must contact Humminbird directly (see below).
Although both the Lowrance and Humminbird lines carry a one year warranty, it is expected that any failures in display heads or transducers will receive an initial diagnosis by a Legend Dealer to confirm which part is failing, and then be forwarded to the appropriate parties. Legend Boats will not cover any warranty costs associated with this diagnosis and it will be your responsibility to discuss coverage with the fishfinder manufacturer. You may also contact one of the repair or service departments, found on the next page, directly.
Lowrance Fishfinders are serviced through CMC Electronics and can be reached at 1-800-661-3983. For French assistance, follow the prompts. You must receive a return authorization prior to shipping. Any units found not to be defective, will be returned to you at a cost of $50.00 plus the return shipping fees. Ensure that the unit is defective and not just stuck in Demo mode.
Humminbird Fishfinders are serviced through various authorized service centers across Canada. For service call Humminbird directly at 1-800-633-1468 and they will offer both technical assistance and instruction on how to have service obtained.
Trolling Motor Items & Accessories
MotorGuide products are covered through Mercury Marine and carry a 2 year parts & labour warranty, except on Pinpoint Sonars, which is covered by a 1 year parts & labour warranty. Any certified Mercury Marine distributor/Legend Dealer, should be able to warranty any manufacturer failures in this product that is not attributed to misuse, abuse, or lack of maintenance.
Minn Kota products are covered through Johnson Outdoors and carry the following limited coverages:
CoPilot Accessories - 2 years coverage from date of original purchase on entire product
i-Pilot Wireless GPS Trolling System & Accessories - 2 years warranty on entire product
DeckHand Electric Anchor Winch - 2 years warranty on entire product
Battery Chargers and Maintainers - 3 years warranty on entire product
Minn Kota products are serviced through various authorized service centers across Canada. For service call Minn Kota directly at 1-800-227-6433 and they will offer both technical assistance and instruction on how to have service obtained.
|Legend Exclusive WOWranty!|
|Legend's exclusive WOWranty! covers all of the non-structural built-in components of the boat against manufacturing defects and workmanship, for a period of 6 years, to the original owner. The following is a summarized list of the items covered:|
|Seating and Furniture|
|Bases and Boxes|
|Switches and Breakers|
|Console Caps and Shrouds|
|Windscreens and Windshields|
|Our structural warranty applies to the structural components of our v-hull and pontoon boats. The following is a summarized list of items coverage:|
|V-HULL MAIN SEAMS & WELDS||Lifetime|
|Under-deck Structure||6 Years|
|Pontoon Fences||6 Years|
|Pontoon Transom Pod and Pan||6 Years|
|Partner Products Warranty|
|Although Legend's Exclusive WOWranty! covers all of the components that are built into the boat, additional options and accessories are sometimes installed and are covered for a period of time based on the original manufacturers' warranty terms. The following is a summarized list of the partner products used and their corresponding current warranty terms.|
|Tops and Canvas|
|Canvas Defects||1 Year|
|Canvas Material Fade, Rot or Mildew||5 Year|
|Canvas Stitching||1 Year|
|Bimini Frames||1 Year|
|Humminbird Fishfinders||1 Year|
|Lowrance Fishfinders||1 Year|
|Minn Kota Charging Systems||3 Years|
|Minn Kota Trolling Motors||2 Years|
|Legend Minn Kota Hybrid Drive||2 Years|
|MotorGuide Wireless Trolling Motors||3 Years|
|Mercury Outboard Motors||3 Years|